Welcome

Welcome all dreamers, fantasists, bibliophiles, and romantics. Join me Mondays and Fridays for speculation about other worlds, exploration of the human heart and soul in fiction and fact, sojourns in history and science, advice and tidbits in the realms of story, and thoughts on everything in between...

Friday, January 23, 2015

Vacations: Experiencing LIfe

Sorry, everyone, for the late post today. I wish I had a really good excuse, but I don’t. I was merrily researching vacation site and totally let it slip my mind that I needed to actually write something for my post today, much less post it!

So as I’m short on time and feeling very guilty, I’ll make this quick so I can get it up as fast as possible. Which means we get to talk about what’s currently occupying my mind: vacations.

Growing up, vacations for me mostly consisted of visiting family. There’s nothing wrong with that, but as an adult, I’ve wanted to be able to see and experience other places beyond the houses of relatives. One of my dreams for retirement is spending months at a time wandering around the countryside able to check out whatever strikes my fancy or linger in a place I love enough to really soak in.

Until then, I get to make do with brief glimpses of life in other places. This year, I’m looking at Civil War battle sites and campgrounds. I’ve been to Shiloh before, a place that definitely gave me the creeps, and I’ve been camping numerous times as a kid, but with the advent of the internet, it’s like combing through rice to find a single hair to figure out the best place to go based on reviews. It’s time consuming, but hopefully I turn up something particularly satisfying.

On my list of future places to visit include: Alaska, Iceland, the Rhine in Germany, and Scotland.


How about you? Do you have any dream vacation spots or any place that’s in the plan for the near future?

No comments:

Post a Comment