Welcome

Welcome all dreamers, fantasists, bibliophiles, and romantics. Join me Mondays and Fridays for speculation about other worlds, exploration of the human heart and soul in fiction and fact, sojourns in history and science, advice and tidbits in the realms of story, and thoughts on everything in between...

Friday, January 30, 2015

Self-Publishing Advice

Now that my family has moved past the unemployed stage that we struggled through for quite a while, there’s finally a little money in the budget for self-publishing. Since I decided to decline the contract Kensington offered me, I’ve been toying with the idea of self-publishing at least some of my work, and now the opportunity looks like it’s drawing near.

In preparation for deciding how I want to go about it, I started researching. I have a number of author friends who already self-publish, and who have given me great advice, but before I dive into any endeavor, I like to gain as much knowledge of it as I can. Or, as my husband might say, that quest for knowledge is the beginning of me diving into something. Regardless, as I was researching, I came across a few helpful articles on indie publishing that might also provide benefit to you, dear readers. I could add a few more to this list, but the second article is pretty long, and I’m sure, like me, you too have busy lives.

Enjoy!


This article is all about how to use Amazon’s categories to improve a book’s chances of pinging Amazon’s system to give it better exposure.


The 7k Report by Hugh Howey

This article offers a different perspective on the potential sales of eBooks, particularly indie published books, than what you hear from most places.



Lindsey Buroker is an indie fantasy author who looks at the challenge Amazon’s startup of Kindle Unlimited caused for indie authors and what the future might hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment