Welcome

Welcome all dreamers, fantasists, bibliophiles, and romantics. Join me Mondays and Fridays for speculation about other worlds, exploration of the human heart and soul in fiction and fact, sojourns in history and science, advice and tidbits in the realms of story, and thoughts on everything in between...

Friday, February 22, 2013

Interesting and Fun Interviews Questions


In just over a week, on March 4th, my debut novel, Red and the Wolf, officially hits the market. As such, I’ve spend a lot of time lately getting ready for the big event. One of the more interesting aspects of this is answering interview question for various blogs that have generously agreed to host me in March. Today, I thought I would share some of my favorite questions. To get my answers though, you’ll have to check out the full interviews when they come out. I’ll post links on this blog then for anyone interested in checking them out.

“I know you love to write, but if you couldn’t, what other dream job do you have? Perhaps one that you had when you were younger?”
That one was surprisingly difficult to answer as I adore writing so much, but I thought it a very intriguing question.

Also from The Book Queen:
“Which would you rather have an affair with: a sexy highlander OR a devilishly handsome English lord?”
I’ll let you guess until the interview comes out March 5th. :-)

“I always loved fairy tales as a child and began reading fantasy as a teen. Having the fantasy/romance genre explode on the scene has been wonderful. What originally attracted you to the genre?”
I love these questions that really make me think about myself, what I write, and why I’m interesting in the things I love.

“Can you share with us something off your bucket list?”
That one was especially fun to answer because it’s always enjoyable to tap the musing spirit of dreams that allows for bucket lists in the first place.

“Have you ever hated something you wrote?”
That’s a questions I suspect a lot of authors might squirm at, but I like the fact that Tina offers an unexpected contrast to the norm in her question.

From the character interview from Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews:
“If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?”
“What would we find under your bed?”
I have not answered these just yet. I’m still debating which character from my book should get the honor of being interviewed, but I found these questions particularly unique.

“Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?”
In a way, I could have said all of them would be interesting at dinner, though some might not survive the experience, but I thought a more specific answer was called for.

“When writing who is in charge you or your characters? How do you deal with bossy characters?”
Ah, someone who understands how characters can truly develop a life, personality, and motives all their own.

“What is the weirdest thing you’ve done in the name of research?”
I had to ask my husband on this one. It all seems normal to me. Apparently, that isn’t actually the case.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this glimpse into some of my favorite interview questions so far. What interview questions have you seen or answered that you found interesting?

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your answers, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun questions. I'm looking forward to your seeing your replies. It looks like you've got a great tour lined up for your release. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete