Here are a few examples from my own.
1) At his first baseball game, my eldest son sat by the fence in a yoga position while waiting to bat. I still don’t understand why, but if I put that in a book, people would say it was way too unbelievable.
2) My husband and I really do say the same thing at the same time, especially when we’re feeling particularly close and life’s chaos hasn’t gotten the better of us. In a book, that would be cliché.
3) My parents’ dog has started eating the kid’s crayons. I’m not kidding.
4) When I was a kid, my dog literally unzipped my backpack, pulled out candy I had in there, ate it, and zipped the bag. He was an Australian Shephard. They’re on the smart end I guess.
5) My husband and I are 14 inches apart in height and I love it. That might just seem weird in a novel.
What are some odd moments or facts in your life that might not ever be believed in fiction?