Welcome

Welcome all dreamers, fantasists, bibliophiles, and romantics. Join me Mondays and Fridays for speculation about other worlds, exploration of the human heart and soul in fiction and fact, sojourns in history and science, advice and tidbits in the realms of story, and thoughts on everything in between...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Game: Saving One Book

Let’s play a game today. If you lived in a world like Fahrenheit 451 and you were charged with memorizing one book, what would you pick? For the sake of eliminating the obvious, no religious or political texts allowed.

This was a hard choice for me, but right now, I think I’ll go with The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. Why? Because it tells of real events in an engaging way and because it illustrates faith and the worst and best of humanity, all things I think every generation should remember.

What book would you choose and why?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. My favorite book of all time is Stephen King's The Stand. But it's Loooooong! I suppose I'd be willing to give it a try though, if my memory was the only thing standing between Stephen King and an audience for his brilliant, character-driven writing:)

    ReplyDelete