Welcome

Welcome all dreamers, fantasists, bibliophiles, and romantics. Join me Mondays and Fridays for speculation about other worlds, exploration of the human heart and soul in fiction and fact, sojourns in history and science, advice and tidbits in the realms of story, and thoughts on everything in between...

Friday, May 4, 2012

Review of A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant


I am a slow reader, so I often look to reviews, especially from people I’m familiar with, for suggestions on books to purchase. Sometimes the reviews are too intriguing not to buy the book. Such was the case with AmyRaby’s review of A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant.

Amy does a fine job of describing A Lady Awakened, so I’ll encourage you to check out her post for a thorough rundown on this superb novel. To Amy’s comments, let me add that I did not find the book as slow as she suggested. I found the hero, heroine, the development of their relationship, and the sex scenes refreshingly realistic and all the more compelling for it.

Had Amy not mentioned that this was a debut novel, I never would have guessed. The writing read like that of an author with years and books of experience. Hats off to Cecilia Grant for delivering such a compelling, unique, and solidly written tale.

Her next book, A Gentleman Undone, comes out May 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment